Nick Harden | PhD
- PhD - Sports Physiology and Performance (2022)
- Sport Nutrition Graduate Certificate (2022)
- MS - Exercise Science (2019)
- BS - Exercise Science (2017)
- ETSU Powerlifting Head Coach, 2020-2022
- ETSU Powerlifting Assistant Coach, 2019-2020
- Excelerate Sport Assistant Coach, 2017-2019
- UCM Personal Training, 2017-2018
- UCM Scientific Training Association Vice President, 2014-2016
- I currently live in Austin, Texas, and enjoy spending time with family! Beyond working out, I'm an avid reader, I enjoy working with people, and love opportunities to teach and/or learn.
Why did you start coaching?
- Like most people, I understand the frustration of stalled gym performance and unsuccessful dieting, no matter how diligently you work towards it! But I also know the freedom that comes with understanding how to fix both of those issues! As a result, I started coaching to not only help people overcome these barriers, but to help them understand why and how it happens so they know how to do it themselves! We all need a helping hand every now and again, and I delight in the opportunity to provide that help!
What is your coaching style?
- Due to my "bleeding heart", I tend to be compassionate and encouraging (though I will provide accountability when needed)! My goal is to provide structure and guidance early in, but over time, teach folks to become more autonomous with their training and diet - to the point where they no longer need me!
What kind of clients do you work with?
- Due to my love of strength, hypertrophy, and nutrition, I enjoy working with anyone interested in becoming strong, jacked, and lean!
What is your favorite part of coaching?
- I love watching clients transition from confusion and stress over their training and nutrition to confidence and excitement, knowing they have become autonomous! There's such joy in releasing a client back into the wild and knowing they're going to be just fine without me!