Jason Miller | PhD
- PhD in Exercise Physiology, University of Utah
- MS in Exercise Science, Utah State University
- BS in Human Performance, Weber State University
- National Level Weightlifting Coach (USAW-2)
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (NSCA)
20 YEARS COACHING EXPERIENCE
- Diet Coaching: Weight Loss to High Performance
- Training Coaching:
- Home Gyms
- Youth & Teens
- Collegians & Post-Collegians
- Masters Athletes
- National Competitors & Olympians
- Fitness Enthusiasts
- Former USA High Performance Rowing Team Strength Coach
- Professor & Chair of Exercise & Sport Science Dept at a university in the midwest
- Founder, Oklahoma City Barbell Club
- Founder, Oklahoma City University OCU Sports Performance
- Book Author: Foundational Weight Training: A Practical Guide for the Trainer, Coach and Barbell Enthusiast, 2nd Edition
- Fitness Article Author of 100+ fitness magazine publications
- Married to a wonderful wife with two children and a Great Dane
- Enjoyed Competing in Powerlifting & Weightlifting
About me - I live in Oklahoma City and am happily married with two wonderful kids and a dog. I enjoy coaching my RP clients, local athletes, and writing content for folks to improve in whatever they seek to improve.
Why did you start coaching? I value the opportunity to help people reach their body composition, weight loss and fitness goals.
What is your coaching style? I approach coaching collaboratively. I will provide the structure and specific guidance initially, of course, but the goal over time is to have folks start to own their diet and training program and learn the basics of managing it all on their own for their future success.
What kinds of clients do you work with? Weight loss-interested folks who may also need weight training to accomplish strong body composition improvement. I enjoy working with those with a home gym they are not sure how to optimally utilize. Athletes with a variety of backgrounds; masters, CF, beginners to high performance.
What is your favorite part of coaching? Watching clients work towards their goals, achieving autonomy in their weight management, fitness and/or performance plan. Seeing long-term success over easy short-term gains is the goal.