Jacob Reed | PhD
Jacob Reed | PhD
- Ph.D. Sports Performance from East Tennessee State University
- Master’s Degree in Health and Sports Science from the University of Memphis
- Bachelor’s of Arts in Exercise Science from the University of Northern Iowa
- NSCA Certified Strength and Conditioning Coach (CSCS)
- Assistant Professor at the University of Northern Iowa. Classes taught include Physiology of Exercises and Topics of Strength & Conditioning
- Sports Scientist for UNI Wrestling and Volleyball
- Performance and data consultant for USA Women's Rugby Nationals 15's Team
- Assistant Sports Scientist for Texas A&M University Football
- Sports Scientist and Strength Coach for ETSU Volleyball
- Head Coach for ETSU Men’s Rugby
About me - Live in Iowa and have been married for 9 years. I have three kids ages 4, 2, 5-months. I'm currently training for a bodybuilding show in ~5-6 years (when I'm 40). Everything I've done in life and training has been relatively short from training for my first 50k over the course of 3-months (I do have a bit of an endurance background) to a two-year massing and cutting phase with the intent of growing as much as possible and a lot in between. Through all of that, I've never committed to something longer than 2-years (outside of high school football) and I want to see what I can do when training with intent for that long and hopefully longer.
Why did you start coaching? I started because I love getting to know people and it also kept me involved as a practitioner as I transitioned into being a professor. However, as time has gone on I've thoroughly enjoyed how I've been able to help people achieve their goals.
What is your coaching style? Laidback and conservative. Life happens, there is no reason to make knee-jerk reactions to short-term hurdles.
What kinds of clients do you work with? Clients who are looking to focus on hypertrophy and endurance training.
What is your favorite part of coaching? Getting to know people. There are so many stories and personalities. It's incredibly fun and rewarding to talk to a wide array of individuals.
What type of client would be the best fit to work with you? Parents and working class individuals. This includes people who are just starting out to those that have years under their belts. I've worked with all types of people.
What you'll get:
Choose from plans structured by an RP coach, each tailored to achieve your specific needs and backed by science. Whether you opt for a diet plan, a training plan, or a combination of both, you'll receive 1:1 expert guidance from your coach via email exchange with very little left to chance.
- Diet Plan: Focus on your nutritional goals with a customized diet plan. Your coach will help you dial in your macros, whether you aim to lose fat or gain muscle. Full meal plans/recipes will not be provided but you will receive guidance on the proper amount of protein, carbs, and fats to consume daily with a list of recommended foods!
- Training Plan: Focused solely on weight training with a plan designed to fit your fitness level and goals. Please check with our help desk if you have sport-specific training goals.
- Combo Plan: Get the best of both worlds with a plan that integrates diet and training for comprehensive progress.
With all plans, you are expected to proactively check in with your coach twice a week with updates and questions. It's important to note that the coach will respond to your updates rather than initiate contact on their end. Your coach will monitor your weekly progress through these check-ins and make any necessary adjustments for you based on your feedback.
You'll have unlimited email access to your coach, ensuring you get timely responses to your queries: within 24 hours on weekdays and 48 hours on weekends (May vary based on the coach's schedule). Your feedback and questions are necessary for your coach to make the most informed decisions on your behalf for your plan so do not be shy about contacting them for help!
Please contact our help desk or refer to our FAQ below if you have any further questions about our services!
RP Client Testimonials
RP has helped my performance exponentially.
Hoping to inspire a mom or two... [RP] works if you stick to the plan...
It pushed me beyond what I thought I could do. The diet was laid out perfectly and easy to follow along.
This has been the hardest thing I've ever done. I am thrilled with the outcome (: Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU. <3
I was able to eat within my prescribed plan and satisfy my hunger--all without an ounce of guilt.
I am turning 40 in a couple of months and I am so thankful that I have found RP. I am happier and healthier then I have ever been.
I have learned that eating more doesn’t mean weight gain but strength and fat loss is a slow but successful process.
I feel so much stronger than I ever have before and I feel like nothing is a challenge anymore...
Absolutely LOVED [The Renaissance Diet]! Broke everything down and made it so easy to understand!
Thank you all so much for developing this! It has changed my life! ♥️
Thank you RP!! You are changing me and a TON of other people!
My coaching experience has been completely worth the time effort and money.
RP diet templates are the only diet that I recommend to all my clients...
I'm so happy with what RP has helped me accomplish, my goal was to have abs; and I did it with your help.
This process has been amazing and I can’t wait to see what the rest of the year brings! Cheers to maintenance ❤️🥂
I started noticing a huge performance increase at the gym, I had a ton of energy and I felt great.